Featured Articles

Gold Trend Celebrity Editorials Tokyo Fashion Trends 2010

Friday, March 19, 2010

The 90's Can Make You A Star!



Well, atleast that was the truth for Liya Kebede and Lily Donaldson! Everytime I go to pick up a V Magazine I gawk over it's pages, taking the time to soak in the richness of color, style and creativity that seems to outpour from it's pages! The latest issue featured a fashion spread of an Hip Hop 90's flashback! The British and Ethiopian supermodels where made to resemble legendery Hip Hop Queens such as Salt & Pepa and Lil Kim. Mimicing their style interpreted today. There was bold color, funky style (did you see those super stacked platforms?) and quirky posing of the models. The entire spread had me thinking about my days in grade school fussing over my jeans and jean jacket, trying to make myself look cute. Proping the hair up in cute lil coufs to show off the bamboo earings! Too bad I wasn't old enough to rock the fierce plum lipstick! No reason why I can't rock it now! I am a big fan of the smokey eyes. The black liner was my best friend in high school because it was the only thing my mom aloud me to wear as far as make-up. The gold bangles is noted on my shopping list of things to buy! Well, done V! I was just on a Japanese website that has an entire group interested in this style...I wonder if they are gawking over the magazine too?

photo-vmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Feedback